Guest Recipe by Casey of Live Love Nourish
Casey-Lyons is a Nutritionist and owner behind Live Love Nourish, a health and wellness website specialising in nutritionally designed recipes, food sensitivities and programs to promote wellbeing.
Coco-nutty Breakfast Parfait
Add a light, fresh start to your day with this coco nutty breakfast parfait!
Gluten free, dairy free, sugar free, egg free, vegan, preservative free, soy free
1/4 cup mixed raw nuts, roughly chopped (preferably activated)
1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds (preferably activated)
1 tablespoon sunflower seeds (preferably activated)
1/2 teaspoon extra virgin coconut oil
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon organic vanilla powder
1 teaspoon pure maple syrup or sweetener of choice (optional)
2 tablespoons organic coconut flakes
1/3 cup fresh mixed berries
1/4 cup dairy free coconut yoghurt
1. Pre-heat fan-forced oven to 150ºC.
2. In a mixing bowl mix together nuts, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds.
3. In a small bowl combine maple syrup with melted coconut oil. Add to mixed nuts and seeds
and stir, ensuring dry ingredients are coated well.
4. Add cinnamon and vanilla and mix well. Stir through coconut flakes.
5. Spread mixture evenly onto a lined shallow baking tray. Bake in oven for 6-8 minutes or until
lightly golden. Allow to cool.
6. Assemble parfait in a glass using layers of toasted nut/seed mix, berries and coconut yoghurt.