Guest Recipe by Yoko of Shokuiku
Yoko is the founder of Melbourne based organic raw food and living food cafe, Shokuiku. The desire to feed her newborn daughter and herself healing natural food lead Yoko to discovering the importance of the relationship between good health, diet and lifestyle choices. Yoko studied the Macrobiotic lifestyle at the Kushi Institute in Japan, this inspired her to train as a holistic nutritionist which then opened up the world of raw and living foods. With the knowledge gained over the years her meals are nurturing and kind to the body and soul and of course your taste buds.
Cranberry Couscous & Mushroom Loaf Served with Shitake Gravy
Raw. Vegan. Gluten Free. Dairy Free. Refined Sugar Free.
Ingredients: Mushroom Loaf
1 cup sunflower seed, soaked and drained
1 cup walnut, soaked and drained
1 cup mushroom
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp sage dry
1/2 red onion
2 small carrot
2 clove garlic
2 tbs tamari
1/4 cup flax meal
1/4 cup olive oil
enough water to bind together
salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients: Vegetable & Cranberry Couscous
1/2 head cauliflower
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup cranberry
Ingredients: Shitake Gravy
1 1/2 cup water
1/6 cup unhuled tahini
1/3 cup shitake powder
1 tbs tamari
Method: Mushroom Loaf
- Place the nuts in a food processor and process briefly.
- Add all the other ingredients, except olive oil and water, and process to bind together.
- Slowly add the oil. If the mixture is dry add water to bind together, season to taste.
- Shape the mixture into a loaf.
- Dehydrate until your desired texture. (I like to dehydrate till it is dry outside, but still slightly moist on the inside)
Method: Vegetable & Cranberry Couscous
- Place roughly chopped cauliflower and carrot into a food processor and pulse. Add the salt and cranberry and lightly pulse again to incorporate together.
Method: Shitake Gravy
- Blend all ingredients together.
- Pour gravy over Mushroom Loaf and Enjoy!