Guest Recipe by Jenna Davila of Live Pure Blog
Jenna Davila is a plant-based health/wellness coach, spiritual counsellor, and founder of Live Pure Blog. Jenna created her site to share delicious raw dishes and inspire people with creative ways to increase their fruit and vegetable intake. With a passion for experimenting in the kitchen and coming up with unique meals that will satisfy even the pickiest eaters, Jenna is proving daily that you don’t have to be on a raw diet to enjoy these recipes! I know some people find eating fully raw to be “boring” or “repetitive”, but Jenna’s colourful blog shows just how diverse and fun a raw diet can be. As the saying goes, “you are what you eat!”
These rainbow wraps will absolutely satisfy your sandwich needs, without the regret! Your body is a temple that you build from the inside on many dimensions. These wraps will feed you and your soul with LIFE! When you eat the rainbow, you truly ingest the alphabet of nutrients you need. Variety is key to sustaining your body’s needs on a cellular and molecular level. When you feed your body substance, you are honouring your body, caring for it, loving it, thanking it and appreciating it for all the wonderful things it allows you to do on a daily basis.
Raw. Gluten Free. Grain Free. Vegan. Refined Sugar Free.
Yields 4-6 wraps
2 Green Scallions
1 Tablespoon Fresh Lime Juice (usually 1/2 lime)
1/2 Cup Zucchini (chopped)
Blend all ingredients until creamy in a blender.
Ingredients collard wrap
4 Large Collard Greens or 6 Small Collard Greens
1. Make sure you wash the greens very well. (I use apple cider vinegar mixed with water as a veggie wash).
2. Flip the collard green over so that the stem is sticking up.
3. With a sharp, small knife, cut back from the base of stem to where it meets the leaf. Make sure you do not cut through to the other side. As the stem gets slimmer towards the top, you don’t need to worry about cutting it as much.
1 Red Beet
1 Yellow Beet
1/2 Red Bell Pepper (sliced)
1/2 Small Red Onion (sliced)
Cilantro – as much as your heart desires, I like LOTS! Great for cleansing and purifying your body
Note: You can putting ANYTHING in these wraps just keep in mind what is in the sauce for flavours.
1. Peel carrots and beets and put through the food processor with the shredder blade. If you don’t have one, you can use a grater for this.
2. Take your collard green and lay it the same way you cut it.
3. Spread on the sauce in the middle of the wrap then add your fillings at any ratio your prefer.
4. Once filled, tuck in the side towards the middle and grab the bottom on the wrap tucking and rolling to the end.
Slice diagonally if desired and ENJOY!
These wraps are all about the sauce, it is amazing! so make sure you make plenty because I assure you you will be slathering it on everything!